Thursday, July 12, 2007

Going to Chicago ...

On Saturday morning, we (me & my wife) drove from East Lansing to Chicago to visit my son for the weekend. Another opportunity for "bar driving" and testing some of the iPhone features.

Once we had driven the 6 blocks or so from our house to the freeway (US127), the reception was up to 3 bars and it stayed that way (3 to 5 bars -- 4 bars typical) pretty much all the way to (& from) Chicago (I496/I69/I94/I294) and certainly while in the "big city", even on the El.

While she was driving, I was able to read e-mail and surf the net with ease. I browsed to the MLS Web site and downloaded a 32-page PDF of game notes for the Chicago Fire v Toronto FC soccer match that we were planning to watch that night. Even the PDF was able to be zoomed with the "double tap" and "pinch" gestures to make it very easy to read. Wow! This will put the program vendors out of business.

Of course, I was also able to call my son and let him know we were underway and when our expected arrival would be.

The iPhone is a pretty awesome "HiwayPhone" ...

No comments: